When people complain about redundancy in healthcare, I sometimes have to stop myself from saying: “Why are you so surprised? Almost every aspect of healthcare is far more complicated than necessary.” Wasted time lost to standard processes like appointment setting, check-in, form completion (do not get me started on the forms) and medical billing is a huge problem.
- Visitor Wayfinding – Obviously, the top reason for adding digital healthcare signage is to make it easier for visitors to find their way. Visitors can also use this technology to transfer information to portable devices or print out directions and a map.
- Staff Productivity – Your staff members won’t have to take as much time from their normal duties to serve, essentially, as highly paid tour guides. They can easily point out the closest touch screen digital wall or desktop sign or kiosk.
- Long-Term Costs – Digital signs are completely customizable and cheaper in the long run than traditional static signs. Instead of altering or swapping expensive static signs every time a department moves or a new doctor is added to the staff, for example, you can simply update software to show the new information on-screen. Digital displays can also cut a lot of expenses associated with paper printed signs like posters and banners.
Beyond the top benefits, the sky is truly the limit with healthcare digital signage technologies. You can effortlessly update visitors and staff with important:
- General Information – Date and time, local and/or national news, inclement weather alerts and nearby lodging and restaurant details
- Facility-related Details – Daily cafeteria menu, maintenance and constructions updates, emergency announcements, staff directory access, department contact information, new staff biographies and automated check-in/check-out tools
- Educational Content – Health and fitness tips and schedules for research, wellness fairs, classes and other educational opportunities
- Savings Opportunities – Scannable Quick Response (QR) codes and printable coupons good for discounts at facility gift shops or partner businesses
Best yet, according to an Arbitron study, you can reduce patient wait time perception and boredom by up to 50 percent by using digital signage. And, you can make up monies spent on maintaining the healthcare communication technology through advertising revenues.
Whether you are the director of your site or the head of IT, you likely already appreciate the need for simplicity instead of complication in healthcare both as a member of staff and a patient. Healthcare wayfinding digital signage is the right step to take to make everyone’s healthcare experience a little easier.
RMG NetworksTM has been a leader in intelligent digital signage for over 35 years and works with 70% of the Fortune 100. To learn more about how a wayfinding solution can benefit your healthcare facility, visit our website or contact us today.
About the Author:
Paul Shwabe is a Business Consultant, Strategic Deployments for RMG Networks. He has 25 years’ experience in sales leadership and business consulting. Connect with Paul on LinkedIn.
© 2016 RMG Networks Holding Corporation. All rights reserved. RMG Networks and its logo are trademarks and/or service marks of RMG Networks Holding Corporation. Other trademarks are owned by their respective owners.