RMG Networks Blog

I enjoy reading about all the trends in the supply chains of many of today’s global enterprises. Between December 2015 and January 2016, Gatepoint Research surveyed 101 executives on trends in supply chain visibility. The report, sponsored by e2open, provides detailed information on the current state of visibility in the supply chain across a variety of industries including visibility depth, how visibility information is used, timeliness of visibility, and much more.Supply Chain Visibility

What I find most revealing is how much these executives desire supply chain visibility, but how few really attain it. Only 19% report they have end-to-end visibility within their supply chain. Another startling statistic is how executives are having to make decisions on old data, since only 14% of the executives surveyed reported they have access to data in real time.

Finally, only 11% were very satisfied with their level of supply chain visibility, leaving a full 89% either somewhat satisfied or somewhat-to-very unsatisfied.

Supply chain solutions are available that can provide for both real-time and whole chain or end-to-end visibility. Yet many supply chain executives struggle with how to make all the data from all their disparate systems both actionable and available to folks who need to make real-time, on-the-fly decisions.

RMG NetworksTM helps companies interested in visualizing real-time supply chain analytics. RMG offers supply chain solutions that include real-time data feeds (from WMS, LMS, TMS, WCS, ERP and manufacturing systems and more) that help you create dynamic, engaging real-time dashboards for your supply chain environment.

Supply Chain Dashboard

With RMG’s Visual Supply Chain solutions, you can put the data where the real-time decisions are made – at the “execution” level – viewable on large scoreboards or flat panel monitors, desktops and mobile devices. With RMG’s solution, you’ll have performance data to keep employees informed up-to-the-minute on your current supply chain status to increase productivity and efficiency.

For more information, contact RMG Networks or download our white paper on real-time performance metrics in supply chain operations.

Supply Chain White Paper


About the Author:
Kerwin Everson is Vice President, Supply Chain Solutions for RMG Networks. His goal is to educate companies on the value of visualizing real-time performance management. Connect with Kerwin on LinkedIn.

© 2016 RMG Networks Holding Corporation. All rights reserved. RMG Networks and its logo are trademarks and/or service marks of RMG Networks Holding Corporation. Other trademarks are owned by their respective owners.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This
Request Free Demo Contact Us