DALLAS, TX — (Marketwired) — 07/16/15 — RMG Networks Holding Corporation (NASDAQ: RMGN), or RMG NetworksTM, a leading provider of technology-driven visual communications solutions, today announced its largest software upgrade in five years. The industry-leading digital signage software provides companies greater functionality at a lower cost with a 500% increase in scalability. Feature changes and enhancements to the software architecture enable unprecedented efficiency and usability.
The new software features eight significant advancements and over 100 new features and improvements that save companies time and money with easy-to-use interfaces, enhanced security controls, increased scalability, comprehensive monitoring, enriched visualization and integrated social media.
Features/benefits of the new software release:
- Easy Usability: The improved user interface expands content creator capabilities to any user. A modern, intuitive layout offers robust graduated levels of features and controls with content creation that is scalable from basic to advanced, depending on the user’s knowledge and skills.
- Greater Scalability: The software supports up to 10,000+ endpoints on a single server, a 500% increase, designed to lower hardware, maintenance and administration costs for growing businesses. A new communication layer more efficiently moves data, updates players and reduces chatter on the network.
- Enhanced Security: Added encryption provides robust, end-to-end security for networks.
- Comprehensive Monitoring: A new web-based portal for managing multiple player and server configurations from one easy-to-access location creates comprehensive monitoring capability for users. The easy-to-use portal manages one or many media players, allowing for updates to be configured quickly en masse. Automated alerts offer enhanced proactive monitoring and increase player network uptime.
- Enriched Visualization: An enriched visualization experience adds the ability to collect and display data in new formats including customized charts, graphs, gauges and infographics. This deployment drives productivity and ultimately higher customer satisfaction and profitability by giving access to more usable information and gamification.
- Integrated Social Media. The ability to monitoring social media messaging enables real-time customer service and increased productivity. Internal messaging can also be promoted while leveraging existing messaging platform investments.
- Live HDTV. Live HDTV can be streamed in full 1080p to any screen.
- Enhanced InView Desktop Broadcast Software. An enhanced InView messaging experience provides more end-user controls for optimal employee engagement, maximized productivity and a seamless viewing experience.
“RMG Networks’ focus remains on developing and delivering innovative tools that help companies save money and increase productivity via efficient visual communications,” said Robert Michelson, Chief Executive Officer and President of RMG Networks. “Beta test customers have been excited by their experience. This software release has something for everyone – operators will benefit from the enhanced interfaces and messaging capabilities, employees receive pertinent content that’s engaging for them and leadership gets greater assurances that their software is secure and within compliance.”
© 2015 RMG Networks Holding Corporation. RMG Networks and its logo are trademarks and/or service marks of RMG Networks Holding Corporation.