I strongly encourage you to check out Andy’s complete post, but I wanted to spend a few minutes discussing how digital signage can impact each of the five ways that Andy showcased.
- Efficient Communication – You can never over communicate. Making the goals and potential hurdles visible to everyone (not just Executive Management) is the key. Think digital signage.
- Development of Procedure Standards – Having the standards published somewhere, and communicating them visibly are two very different things.
- Determination of Importance – Is this something done once and forever? If your supply chain is typical, then priorities are ever-changing. Make the new priorities known immediately through digital signage.
- Engage, Align and Empower Your Workforce – What better way can you accomplish this than letting them know where we stand at this very moment? How are we doing against goals and how can you help right now?
- Construct a Powerful Training Program – Engage your employees through constructive training and procedural videos (safety and quality issues can be targeted as content). Train them on an “as required / need-to-know” basis.